People blog for different reasons, I’m sure. I started because I wanted a place to share my thoughts and experiences about my new adventure with family and friends. Kind of like if we were sitting at the coffee house together. They get to hear my stories, and I get to talk about all the things I’m seeing, doing, and feeling. What’s funny is when other people find your blog and start reading. Even better is when you start reading other people’s blogs. It’s a way to see the world through somebody else’s eyes. And to be inspired.
Which is why I am writing today. To be inspired is a beautiful thing. To have somebody else think you’re inspiring is the nicest compliment you can get. I want to say thank you to Elizabeth Julia from southwestadventurer.com for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am truly flattered, especially considering that the tagline for this award is “Keeping the Blogosphere a Beautiful Place”! Elizabeth Julia, a transplant from the Midwest, now lives in Arizona and writes about her explorations in my favorite part of the world. You should definitely check out her musings!
And now on to the fine print…
1. Link back to the blogger(s) who nominated you. CHECK
2. Post the award image to your page. YUP
3. Share 7 facts about yourself. HERE YOU GO
- I was a full-on band nerd starting in the fourth grade and all the way through high school – I used to play the clarinet; relatively well, actually.
- I was also on the swim team in high school, which helped allay some of my band nerdiness.
- I’m proud of having finished the 1-Mile La Jolla Rough Water Swim (3 times) and the 2.4-Mile Tempe Town Lake Swim, but I still would like to complete a triathlon.
- I love the third day of a hiking/camping trip – day 1 you’re still trying not to sweat, day 2 you’re annoyed that you got sweaty on day 1, day 3 you relish the grunginess because that’s just how it is.
- My favorite foods are burritos and pizza.
- Our parents used to make us wear Dirndls and decorate Austrian Christmas trees at an international Christmas festival every year. We hated it back then. Now we look for excuses to bust out our Dirndls.
- I’m a Pisces.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it. I’m sticking to 10 because I think that’s a nice, round number. CHECK THESE OUT
- http://carrierubin.com/ (The Write Transition)
- http://drevets.com/ (Snotting Black)
- http://hellorollei.wordpress.com/ (Terra Incognita)
- http://julelostinsweden.wordpress.com /
Happy reading, and be inspired!